Olympe provides a Python controller programming interface for Parrot Drone. This means you can use Olympe to connect and control a drone from a remote Python script executed from your computer. Olympe is primarily intended to be used with a simulated drone (using Sphinx, the Parrot drone simulator) but may also be used to connect to physical drones. Like GroundSDK-iOS and GroundSDK-Android, Olympe is based on arsdk-ng/arsdk-xml.
- Connect to simulated or physical drones
- Send command messages to the drone (piloting, camera orientation, RTH, FlightPlan, …)
- Check the current state of the drone and wait for event messages (flying state, …)
- Get the current state of the drone (settings, feature availability status, …)
- Start and stop the drone video streaming
- Record the video stream from the drone and the associated metadata