What is Sphinx¶
Sphinx is a simulation tool initially thought to cover the needs of Parrot engineers developing drone software.
The main concept is to run a Parrot drone firmware on a PC, in an isolated environment well separated from the host system. Gazebo is largely used to simulate the physical and visual surroundings of the drone.
It comes with several friendly features:
- Visualize flight data at runtime via your web browser
- Modify drone’s behaviour at runtime
- Entirely scriptable (using command lines)
- Build your own scenes
- Video sensor and streaming
- Connect to any kind of controller, such as Freeflight running on a smartphone.
- Can be run remotely (e.g. on a distant server)